Western Power Distribution owns and operates the electricity distribution system in the Midlands, the South West of England and South Wales. You can call them (on 105) if you have a power cut. (They do not look after your meter or have anything to do with your energy bill).
If you live in the area they cover they may be able to offer you, or someone you know, priority assistance in a power cut if needed.
If you rely on electricity for medical equipment or are elderly, very ill or disabled, you may need extra support during a power cut. You may also have a communication need (such as hearing or sight loss, or your first language is not English), or you may have a temporary vulnerability like recent hospital leavers or households with new-born babies. To join our confidential, free Priority Services Register (PSR) simply call 0800 096 3080 or visit www.westernpower.co.uk/PSR
What can Western Power Distribution provide?
- A dedicated telephone number enabling you to get straight through to us during a power cut
- Support, including warm meals and drinks during prolonged power cuts
- A password scheme to help you feel secure. You can check that visitors to your property are legitimate WPD employees
- Personal contact ahead of any planned power cuts
- Contact every two years to check your details and give you power cut advice
- We will seek to call medically dependent customers within three hours of an unplanned power cut
- We will seek to call all PSR customers affected during prolonged power cuts and major incidents