Become a Trustee
Could you be our next Trustee?
Are you able to volunteer your time and expertise to support unpaid carers?
Carers Bucks and Carers Milton Keynes offer advice, guidance and support to unpaid carers of all ages due to disability, illness, frailty, poor mental health or addiction.
We are currently recruiting trustees to join the Board who will bring their experience, knowledge and expertise to help maximise the impact of our work. As a Trustee you will share responsibility for strategic direction, leadership and a commitment to good governance.
This is an exciting time to get involved with, support and contribute to two dynamic and forward thinking charities, transforming the lives of unpaid carers including young carers and young adult carers across Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes.
Trustee positions are open to anyone over the age of 18, who lives in the local area and whose experience connects with one or more of those listed below.
In particular, we are looking for finance and accountancy skills and experience to support and compliment the current work of the Board and organisations.
- Experience connected with funding, fundraising
- Experience of working in the voluntary sector/charity management
- Experience in Education, NHS or local health and social care services
- Personal experience of caring or an understanding/appreciation of the needs of unpaid carers
- Experience in other fields welcome
- Ability to connect with and support local communities across Milton Keynes
We are committed to being an inclusive, anti-discriminatory organisation for the carers we currently support, those who we have yet to reach, and for our staff and volunteers. We are specifically seeking to increase the diversity of the Board of Trustees to reflect this commitment.
As a Trustee you will have:
- Induction, training and ongoing development
- Reasonable expenses reimbursed
- Opportunities to make strategic decisions and develop new skills
- Opportunities to network with senior professionals
- Influence to shape innovation projects
- The ability to improve the health and wellbeing of unpaid carers across your local community
The expected time commitment is eight Board meetings per year (currently held online via Zoom but previously at our offices in Aylesbury and Milton Keynes), one all day strategy event, AGM and additional ad-hoc committee work when required.
No previous Board experience required. However, an interest in and appreciation of the needs of unpaid carers and a commitment to raise awareness of their needs across the local community and wider is essential.
We look forward to hearing from you. Your voice is important!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to arrange an informal discussion with our CEO Holly Hoskisson, to hear more about the work of our organisations and the role of a Trustee.
Closing date: Tuesday 30th November 2021