Support Over Christmas
At Carers Milton Keynes, we understand that Christmas and New Year can present additional challenges for carers and we want to ensure that you have access to the information and support that you may need in the coming weeks.
We would encourage you to check that your Carers Emergency Plan is up to date. If you have not yet filled in a Carers Emergency Plan, see our Planning for an Emergency page where you can find an Emergency Plan template.
Christmas can be a busy and sometimes stressful time and we would like to share this Introduction to Mindfulness video kindly created by Pauline Mines.
If you require assistance outside of these times you may find the following useful:
- Milton Keynes Council’s Adult Social Care Team – 01908 253772 (office hours) and 01908 725005 (out of office hours)
- Milton Keynes Council’s Children Services – 01908 253169 or 01908 253170 (office hours) or 01908 265545 (out of office hours)
- Samaritans – 116 123 (24 hours a day)
- Silverline, a free, confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice to older people – 0800 4 70 80 90 (24 hours a day)
- In the event of an emergency, please call 999
Carers MK Opening Times
Friday 23rd December – 9am-5pm
Monday 26th December – Our office is closed
Tuesday 27th December – Our office is closed
Wednesday 28th December – Our phone lines are open from 10am-2pm
Thursday 29th December – Our phone lines are open from 10am-2pm
Friday 30th December – Our phone lines are open from 10am-2pm
We will then reopen at 9am on Tuesday 3rd January 2023.