Support Over Christmas
At Carers Milton Keynes, we understand that Christmas and New Year can present additional challenges for carers and we want to ensure that you have access to the information and support that you may need in the coming weeks.
We would encourage you to check that your Carers Emergency Plan is up to date. If you have not yet filled in a Carers Emergency Plan, see our Planning for an Emergency page where you can find an Emergency Plan template.
Christmas can be a busy and sometimes stressful time and we would like to share this Introduction to Mindfulness video kindly created by Pauline Mines.
You may find the following telephone numbers useful over the festive period:
- Milton Keynes Council Adult Social Care (office hours) – 01908 253772
- Milton Keynes Council Adult Social Care (out of hours) – 01908 725005
- Milton Keynes Council Safeguarding Adults (office hours) – 01908 252835
- Milton Keynes Multi-Agency Safeguarding – Children (office hours) – 01908 253169/70
- Milton Keynes out of hours emergency social work team – Children – 01908 265545
- Milton Keynes single point of access (SPA) help in a mental health crisis – 0800 0234 650
- Samaritans – 116 123 or firstname.lastname@example.org, 24 hours a day
- Silverline – 0800 470 8090 free, confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice to older people, open 24 hours a day
- Carers UK – 0808 808 7777. The helpline will be open from 9am-6pm over the festive period including Christmas Eve, Bank Holiday Monday and New Year’s Eve.
In the event of an emergency, please call 999.
Carers Milton Keynes will close at 1pm on Friday 24th December and we will reopen at 9am on Tuesday 4th January 2022.